I recently published an article in the Pipette Gazette outlining 10 tips that helped me successfully transition from a postdoctoral scientist to full-time self-employment in consulting.
Here is a brief summary of the 10 tips
- Put pencil to paper.
- Baby steps, start small.
- Get the people that matter on board.
- With your employer, don’t seek permission, seek agreement.
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Separate your business and personal finances.
- Make your business profitable.
- Advertise and take advantage of earned media.
- Grow your network.
- Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket.
For the details, please follow this link to the full article.